Last updated on Mon, Mar 20,2006 15:09
I have not played computer games on a professional level for many years. However, it was a big part of my life and contributed significantly to who I am today, so it definitely warrants a mention!
The defining game of my gaming career was Starsiege: Tribes, a revolutionary First Person Shooter at the time of its release. I became quite obsessed with the game and played on several top ranked tribes over the course of 4 years (guilds, for the WoW initiated gamers). The first tribe I was in was COWS, a tribe that included many of the devs and original beta testers (me included). I then moved on to Synergy, Western Alliance, Thunderwalkers, and finally WRH.
Tribes was however, by no means the only game I’ve played. I have also had “brief” stints, defining brief quite loosely here, in many other games (roughly chronologically sorted):
- Sim City
- Sim Towers (Series seems to have died)
- Sim Ant (Series seems to have died)
- Civilization I, II, III, IV
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Mech Warrior
- Warcraft I, II, III
- Command & Conquer
- Alpha Centauri
- The Incredible Machine (Absolutely amazing game.. don’t know why they discontinued this franchaise)
- You don’t know Jack (I helped beta test a lot of games from Jellyvision, including this one and Headrush.. which I thought was amazing.. but has since disappeared from the Jellyvision franchaise)
- Quake I, II, III
- Unreal Tournament, 2004
- Age of Empires
- Age of Mythology (sorry Diane!)
- Empire Earth
- Evil Genius
- Toontown (I have no comments…)
Ever since Junior year of college, I have completely stopped playing computer games due to a mixture of lack of time and lack of interest. However, I continue to be fairly active in the Tribes community and can be frequently seen browsing the Tribalwar forums.