JackPo : Productivity
I’m somewhat obsessed about productivity, and use a number of quantified self tools (Fitbit Charge HR, Automatic) to measure and improve myself. I also have an extensive suite of gadgets that help me automate my life.
My attempts for being productive can generally be summed up as:
- Try desperately to not play computer games (damn you Starsiege Tribes, Starcraft II Hero Attack 3x mod, Heroes of the Storm)
- Relentless task tracking (GTD) using todoist.
- Do any task immediately that takes less than 5 minutes.
- Automate anything that can be automated.
- Outsource any task that has to be done more than once.
- Document and scan everything.
- Extensive use of calendars (Sunrise, Busycal, Google Cal) in my life.
- Schedule time for things that you actually care about, and de-prioritize everything else (i.e. be anti-social).